Monday, April 16, 2012

Just Books!

For the past several years I've been dabbled with writing on various personal blogs.  I had several starts and stops, including two group blogs and a handful of my own that I eventually retired from.  My primary writing was at  Mind-Muffins, under the pseudonym "Belladonna".   I started that blog in 2006 and have written over 500 posts there on a fairly wide range of topics.  Recently, however,  I've decided I wanted to take a break from that one as well, for a number of reasons.  But rather than moving away from the blog world all together, instead I've decided I want to get more focused.  So I've started two brand new blogs.  

MyBoiseGarden will be where I will chronicle my passion for growing things and digging in the dirt.

This blog will be where I will list and review the books that I read and where I will open up some read-along posts for discussion. 

I recently participated in a read-along of the book Persuasion by Jane Austen over on the blog Bigger Than a Breadbox  Most of the discussion took place on Facebook, but no matter which platform readers chose to discuss on, I really enjoyed hearing other people's point of view of something I was reading too.

I am an eclectic reader, vacillating from classics to sci fi to westerns to murder mystery to non fiction and back again. I don't do horror and have little patience for bodice-ripper romances. But over the years I've read a lot of books.  In years to come I expect I will read a whole lot more.

So this blog will be the place for exploring what's on my reading shelf.  If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment